Wednesday, October 15, 2008

FINALLY A NEW POST!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone! Can you believe I'm finally posting something?!?! I'm so excited about doing a new post that I don't even know what to post about! Hmm.......... School. I am only taking 6 units this semester but it seems like more simply because it has been so long since I've been in school. So far I have gotten excellent grades and I am glad I'm only taking 2 classes because it has been quite an adjustment with work and all. I plan on taking at least 12 units next semester so I'm sure this semester will seem like cheesecake. Do any of you guys have tips on effective note taking and study methods?


I like pictures so I will include one of me and my good buddy Chris. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Mary Frances said...

Yeah, doodle in your note book, while your teacher is talking and at least you will apear studious!! HAHA! Okay ummmmmm...no really something that helps me is to highlight key words. But over all I have no idea!

Janell said...

Clayton....Praise the Lord, brother. I cannot believe you're actually posting! Hurrah! Life's been busy though, eh? =0)
(Gotta try and throw in that "eh". Doesn't sound natural yet though! ha!)
As for note-taking...Be as detailed as you can. If the prof starts rambling, of course you don't need to write all that, but just follow along with them when they're speaking, and if it seems important, write it down.
You should have seen my notes in college...they were a mess, and there were piles of them, but it definitely worked for me. In fact, in a few classes I never even bought the textbooks. I just went to class everyday and wrote down everything the teacher said and high-lighted the topics for study time. I still got A's, so I guess it works! (Sometimes they do things like throw questions from the books onto the tests that they never discuss in class, which doesn't seem fair)
Good luck! I'm sure you'll have no problems. Tell S I said hi, and to call me back! LOL!

Chris Sindle said...

Dude thank for the pic...LOL

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tips Mary and Janell! I will implement both! Chris, what are friends for? LOL ... So Janell, "S" hasn't been calling you back eh? Hmm... Maybe something else has been grabbing her attention... ;-)

Janell said...

Hmmmmm.....who could that be..............?

Unknown said...

We miss you around these parts Janell! You need to drag your old man down here soon!

Kim said...

*gasp* there is a new post! I almost fainted when I saw it! j/k hummm...I like the new pic to the right of you blog, cute!

None said...

New post? WoW Clayton! You need to catch a ride with me up to Oregon for turkey day. By the way, I like the tie in the pic C-dawg.