Wednesday, June 25, 2008

PLEASE READ!!!!

Before I post the pics from Niemann Avenue's first concert, I have some things I want to say to myself, to the band, and to all of you who have been so supportive of what we are doing. Pride is an ugly thing... It distorts, it confuses, it is demeaning to others, it inflates self, and ultimately it pushes God away. Fellow band members, God has gifted us with talent(s) and abilities and I believe that He brought us all together via The Rock Church (hence the name Niemann Avenue for those of you who didn't know), but with those talents and abilities comes a great responsibility to use them for HIS purpose. Of course we will have fun, jam out, and hopefully make some money, but when the lights are turned out, the seats are empty, and the studio is closed... What message have we left? Did people see/hear HIM in Niemann Avenue? More than a guitar lick, a drum fill, a bass run, a keys riff, or a vocal trick, I hope people remember the anointing and power in what we sing and play. When we stand before God in eternity, He wont ask us why we didn't practice more... He'll ask if we used our borrowed talent for HIS glory, for HIS honor, for the good of HIS Kingdom. Will our answer be sure and confident because we kept the faith??? ............ It is my prayer that we never compromise, we never get proud, and we ALWAYS keep HIM first...

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

I am more proud of this post than your ability to perform! I love you all...praying for you. :)
The Mom

Fox & Willow said...

That was really good Clayton, and so very, very true! I love you and I'm proud of you!

Kim said...

Clayton, I have the privilege of seeing you nearly everyday, in everyday life situations, and you "practice what you preach" You are a Godly example and I believe your musical talents and abilities will take you far because of your relationship with Jesus. He is #1 in your life! You are awesome, and I am so thankful my children have you to look up to. Your post was very well said and well lived~

Chels:) said...

Clayton im so glad that you posted that its so important that you always keep God first !! Im proud of you guys

Chels:) said...

P.s you would have never been this good without him :) what you have is better than all the money in the world and thats Gods special anointing! My prayers are with the band!

chels aka(#1 fan :)

Beth said...

You continually amaze me. This is why God has His hand on you...and why He will continue to bless you.